Statutory Instrument 814 updates Class G which condemned permitted development to create 2 flats above a retail space to the bin. New Super Class G is a prior approval to create 2 flats above a Use class E commercial space.
As well as detailing the opportunities we bust a few myths about what you can and can’t do under the New Class G changes.
How Windsor and Maidenhead Council rejected a class G planning application based on the fact a corridor was required to gain access to the flats. Stay tuned – we will release a video on this appeal and the outcome.
We answer questions such as
– Can you create flats on the ground floor?
– Does Class G have to comply with National Space Standards under Schedule 2 of the GDPO 2015?
– Can we make micro flats in London
– Can we use part of the ground floor for a flat ie a kitchen or bathroom?
– Household Waste Management policy what is it?
– Can I use the flats I create using class G as serviced accommodation (SA)?
– Can I use the flats as HMO’s created using Class G?
– What does a single household mean?
– Will I get a knock on the door from a planning enforcement officer?
– How do I get a certificate of Lawfulness?
– Can I use class G to create above flat above an use class F2 shop?
– How much will a class G application cost?
New Class M Permitted Development announced in statutory instrument 814
Opportunities with Class G include creating flats above use class E uses health centres or clinics, GP surgeries, former A1, A2, A3, Shops, banks, betting shops, accountant / solicitors office, restuarants and cafes, B1 Offices, Light Industrial units, Day Nurseries or creches, Day Centres, Gyms and sports centres, betting offices and payday loan shops
Contact Linda Wright via linkedin message or visit www.Planitwright.co.uk for more details