Experts: Antoine Dufresne and Caryn Yuen
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive full details of when live.
There is no need to buy tickets to this event.
Meeting will start 7pm sharp on 6th July 2020.
What do private investors want to know?
Whether you are looking to kick start your property journey or scale your property business, raising money from private investors will help you reach that next stage. The challenge is for you to convince investors that you and your projects are worth investing in.
Caryn and Antoine are private investors. She is a qualified barrister, solicitor, and financial compliance specialist. He is an ex-investment banker. They invest hands-off in other people’s projects. Well, they try.
Having spoken with over 50 developers, they have realised that people raising money do not have a good understanding of how to market themselves.
Investor packs are the best example to illustrate this problem. Investor packs are generally the first thing developers send out to prospective investors. They are the main source of information for investors. Often, the content and the format fall short of expectations causing you to lose investors before they have made it through the door.
Here are the six things you need to know if you are serious about raising finance from private investors:
- We often think about how to make a good first impression in person but neglect the first impression that an investor pack will make. Put your best foot forward by creating an investor pack that meets the requirements of your investors.
- A poor-quality investor pack does not necessarily mean that the project is unattractive, but it will make any project look unattractive. Do not allow your investor pack to let you and your project down.
- Most hands-off investors are cash-rich but time-poor. Make it easy for them to do their due diligence on you by providing the information they need in a suitable format.
- One of the fundamental principles of business is that people work with those whom they know, like, and trust. Property is no different. Investors want to partner with developers whom they know, like, and trust. Establish trust by being honest, transparent, and forthcoming.
- The best time to look for money is when you do not need it. You do not want to wait until you have a project and you are desperate for funding to start looking for investors. Investors do not like to be rushed into parting with their hard-earned money, no matter how attractive a deal may be. Build your investor base ahead of time, to make obtaining funding easier when that project you have been looking for materialises.
- Everybody has heard about horror stories in the property world involving investors and unscrupulous developers. There is a high climate of suspicion in the industry, and the onus is on you to prove that you are a good egg.
Caryn and Antoine will be sharing what hands-off investors want to know and answering your questions live on the 6th of July 2020. Visit www.GreatPropertyMeet.co.uk for more details.
http://www.GreatPropertyMeet.co.uk/ FREE TRAINING –
http://www.GreatPropertyMeet.co.uk/free-training/ DISCOUNTS – http://www.GreatPropertyMeet.co.uk/special-discounts/ BOOK HERE – http://www.GreatPropertyMeet.co.uk/book/
Let us know your questions below and we will answer them. Don’t forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel and hit the bell icon to be advised when we release new content and if you what we’re sharing please hit the like button.
We will start 7pm sharp.
Refunds: Tickets are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the organisers in which case a full refund of the ticket cost will be made with 7 days of the advertised event date.